Just completed in July of 2000, a three bedroom two bath cabin style
home. Great location between Dillard, Georgia and Highlands, North Carolina.
Only 15 minutes from either town and 5 minutes from Sky Valley Golf &
Ski Resort. Perched at a cool comfortable 3900 feet elevation above beautiful
Blue Valley. Breathtaking 120° long range views and spectacular sunrises.
Weather permitting, the lights of Greenville, South Carolina, some 80
miles away, can be seen at night. You won't have to hike or drive to a
spectacular view - it's right there on your deck.
||This fully equipped home is designed to sleep six in
comfort. Great views from every room in the house. Plenty of windows
and French doors keep the house light and airy. Natural oak floors,
maple cabinetry, pine ceilings and trim give it a warm cabin feel.
We think you will be very pleased with the furnishings and decor.
|The paved access and covered parking make it a breeze
getting to and from the house. It is bad enough when you finally have
to leave without being rained on while you're packing up!
We have been visiting the mountains every chance we got for 5-6
years, renting homes, cabins and motels. This house was built,
located and equipped with those experiences in mind. Our goal
is that all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable vacation.
For the Highlands, NC weather forecast:
- Property is 2.02 acres (privacy)
- Central heat and air (doubt that you will need A/C but it's there)
- Wood burning fireplace. (We try to keep firewood available but there
is no guarantee. It can be bought in the area.)
- Satellite TV. (Also about 14 local channels from an off-air antennae.)
- VCR with lots of movies
- CD player / AM-FM stereo
- Decks (one upstairs, one downstairs with plenty of chairs and rockers)
- Charcoal grill
- Covered parking (and a paved road right to your door)
- Telephone (local calls only, long distance will require a credit card)
Beds: 1 queen, 1 double and 2 twins
House is provided with:
- Washer / Dryer
- Iron / Ironing board
- Toaster oven
- Pots & pans
- Plates, utensils & glasses
- Trash bags
- Towels & wash clothes
- Kitchen is fully equipped and then some!
- Books (both for just reading & local info., maps, hiking
- Blow dryers
- Starter supply of paper products
What is not provided:
- Charcoal & lighter for grill
- Firewood (sometimes)
What you may want to bring:
- Clothes (hiking boots & swimsuits)
- Camera (with lots of film)
- Sun lotion
- Fishing equipment
- Hiking equipment
- Golf clubs
- Telescope (a great place for it if you have one)
You can find most of what you need or forgot in Clayton, GA. It's on
your way from the south. There is a Wal-Mart and two or three grocery
chains, some 24 hours. Clayton is about a 1/2 hour away. There is a Piggly
Wiggly in Dillard, GA. right before you go up the mountain. (Ingles in
Clayton is my personal preference. It's new, clean and open 24 hours.)
Don's, which is a small country store, is just 5 minutes away from the
cabin in Scaly. Don's has a little of everything.